A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
Three Levels, Three Murals, So Many Pupusas.
Pupusa Time is a game that takes the player throughout different periods of Salvadoran/Indigenous history and culture. What makes a pupusa so special isn’t necessarily the just ingredients, it’s the motions that have been passed down through generations.
When the player performs the correct actions using motion controls, they will unlock a piece to a bigger mural that tells a story about one of three different time periods: present day El Salvador, 1920s – 1980s El Salvador, and Kuskatan (pre-colonial West El Salvador).
The intention of the game is to serve as a way for players to learn, or remind themselves, about the Indigenous roots of a popular food that many of us love. As well to preserve the rich history of the food that our ancestors have created thousands of years ago and continue to celebrate today.
How to Play:
- Connect a Nintendo JoyCon to your Mac or PC via Bluetooth.
- Using motion controls, perform the correct action at the correct time to unlock a piece of the mural. Unlock all pieces to reveal the completed picture.
- Pat Dough Action: Tilt JoyCon side-to-side (X-Axis)
- Roll Dough Action: Steer JoyCon left and right (Y-Axis)
- Stuff Dough Action: Turn JoyCon forward and backward (Z-Axis)
- Angel Sanchez - Project Manager, Sound Designer
- Carlos Cruz - Artist, Game Designer, Narrative Designer
- Francisco Flores - Programmer, Game Designer
- Marissa "Reese" Climaco-Perez - Artist, Animator, Sound Designer
- Njideka "Jiji" Maduakor - Artist, Animator, UX/Ui
- Ziggy Henry - Programmer, Game Designer
Special thanks to Jonathan Mahogany Jr. for producing the trailer soundtrack.
Click download now to get access to the following files: